- WIDE BATTERY TYPE COMPATIBILITY - Have one charger for all of your battery packs. Compatible with: NiMH, NiCd, Li-ion, LiFePO4, SLA.
- CONVENIENT CHARGER PACKAGE - Comes with Octopus multi-charging harness (connectors: tamiya, mini tamiya, JST, HiTec, EC3, Deans) and the power supply all in one comprehensive package.
- WIDE VOLTAGE RANGE - Compatible with many voltages for each battery type.
- All-IN-ONE CHARGER - With data storage and load capabilities, store up to 5 different battery settings. Cyclic charging and discharging to refresh and balance batteries. The charger has fast and storage charging with a Li-ion/LiPO balancer.
- EASY-TO-READ LCD SCREEN - View all the charging statuses and settings on the LCD screens as you navigate the models and selections.
Features and Benefits:
- ONE CHARGER MANY BATTERY PACKS- Tenergy TB6-B balance charger/discharger is ideal for battery packs that are NiMH, NiCd, LiPO, Li-ion, LiFePO4, and SLA battery packs.
- WIDE CONNECTOR COMPATIBILITY - With one multi-charging harness, this AC balance charger can recharge battery packs with tamiya, mini tamiya, JST, HiTec, EC3, Deans, XT60, and bare leads connectors so that additional connectors can be added.
- WIDE VOLTAGE COMPATIBILITY - Use the battery pack balance charger on NiMH/NiCd 1.2V-18V (1S-15S), with popular options of 6V, 7.2V, 9.6V, 12V. LiPO/Li-ion 3.7V-22.2V (1S-6S), with voltage capabilities such as 7.4V, 11.1V, 14.8V. LiFePO4 3.2V-19.2V (1S-6S), with popular options of 9.6V, 12.8V, 16V. SLA 2V-20V.
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS - More than a regular digital balance charger, Tenergy TB6-B comes with features like Li-ion and LiPO balancing, fast charging, data storage, cyclic charging, discharging, and much more for all of your battery packs.
- EASY TO READ SCREEN - View all charging statuses and settings on the electronic balance charger LCD screen as you navigate the modes and selections. Charger includes Tenergy a 12-month warranty.
- Operating voltage:
- DC: 11~18 volts
- AC: 100~240V, 50/60Hz (AC Adapter)
- Charge/discharge power: max. 50/5 Watts
- Pb: 2~20V
- Charge current: 0.1 to 5.0A
- Discharge current: 0.1 to 1.0A
- No. of cycles: 1 to 5 times
- Battery data memory: up to 5 data
- Weight: 246g
- Dimensions: 130 x 85 x 33 mm
Supports the following connector types:
- Mini Tamiya (for Airsoft packs)
Users' Set Up Parameters:
- Battery voltage type:
- Li-ion: 3.6V
- LiPO: 3.7V
- LiFePO4: 3.2V
- NiCd/NiMH Delta-peak voltage sensitivity: 1 to 20mV
- Battery temperature cut-off: 20 to 80C or OFF
- Waiting time between charge/discharge: 1 to 60 min.
- Integral timer limit: 10 to 720 min. or OFF
- Maximum charging capacity limit: 10 to 20,000 mAh or OFF
- Key beep and buzzer sound: ON/OFF
- Input DC power low alert: 10 to 11V
- BEFORE CHARGING ALWAYS INSPECT BATTERIES for any type of damages to both the wire(s) and battery pack (punctures, pvc damage, and/or battery swelling). DO NOT Charge if the pack has any of the mentioned issues!
- ALWAYS BALANCE-CHARGE RC/Hobby/Airsoft LiPo BATTERY PACKS: when charging any of these LiPo packs, ALWAYS use the balance charge mode & use the balance connector/board.
- Only supports Li-Ion & LiPo Hobby battery packs that has a balance connector. DO NOT charge any battery packs without a balance plug!
- Ignoring these WARNINGS could result in fire or personal/property damages.
Questions & Answers
How do you calculate the maximum charging rate allowed for my battery pack if charger only allows up to 50W?
The TB6B charger is rated for up to 50W output.To calculate the maximum charge rate you can use based on your battery pack’s overall voltage, divide the charger’s max power (50W) by the battery’s voltage. Ex. 50W / 11.1V = 4.5A
What charger rate is appropriate to use with my battery pack?
The TB6B charger is rated for up to 50W output. Here are the general recommended charging rates: Li-ion/LiPO/LiFE = ≤1C | NiMH/NiCD = 0.2C to 0.5C | SLA = ≤0.2C. To calculate the charging rate (A), multiply the C-rating (provided above) by the battery capacity (mAh). Ex. NiMH 1.2V 2000mAh | recommended charging rate is 0.2C to 0.5C Charging rate = 400mA to 1000mAh. Check out some of our YouTube Videos on charge current recommendations:1) https://youtu.be/vLNcz0B1ukg?t=96 2) https://youtu.be/DUaXEbZo6r0?t=95
I have a 11.1v battery, will it charge it?
Yes, to confirm voltage compatibility refer to our voltage range chart and verify that voltage for the battery chemistry is supported. If you have a LiPo 11.1V battery then you can use this balance charger. We also suggest comparing the connector on the battery pack is one of the included connector on the multi-harness.
Can it be hooked up to a car battery so you can charge when you're out flying?
Yes you can use the included alligator clips as the input source to recharge your battery packs with a car battery while out doors.
Does this charger come with the adapter for Traxxas plug?
No, the octopus harness no longer includes a Traxxis plug. You can purchase it separately and attach it with the bare leads or buy one with banana plugs to use with the TB6B.